After some googling around I found various suggestions, but none seemed to help. In the end, it turned out that I had to follow THREE different suggestions to make it work. To save you the same odysee, here's my recipe for making printer drivers work again that stopped working on Yosemite:
- Remove any troublesome printers from the "Printers & Scanners" System Preferences.
- Re-Install the printer driver.
- Fix the permissions of the installed cups drivers by starting the "Disk Utility" program, selecting the startup disk and clicking on "Repair Disk Permissions".
- Turn off the tighter Sandboxing checks in Yosemite with these two Terminal commands:
- sudo sh -c 'echo "Sandboxing Relaxed" >> /etc/cups/cups-files.conf'
- sudo launchctl stop org.cups.cupsd
And, if you found this useful, also check out some other work of mine, such as: